cheap orlistat singapore Nothing could ever be as horrid as someone who wears black-rimmed glasses claiming to be “nerdy”, or dresses as Slave Leia at a convention and doesn’t know which episode that scene is from. Being into things like Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and comics used to get you socially shunned, but now it is officially mainstream. If you’re “new to nerd” there are some references you should be able to identify, as nerds that were nerds before it was cool will test you without you knowing it (yes, like Jedis). Remember, they put up with being relentlessly ridiculed for it, so they’ve earned the right to be annoyed if you’re walking around in a Marvel crop top while thinking that it’s cool they made a Spider-man comic book off of the movie.
source Quotes! Quotes! Quotes! If you’re going to talk the talk, you should at least know who it is you’re quoting and from what movie in the saga, or trilogy, it originated from. Quotes like, “it’s a trap” and “you shall not pass” are gold, but what’s the point in getting behind the wheel if you can’t drive? The main ones you should worry about are Star Wars, LOTR, and possibly even some video game phrases.
1. “You shall not pass!” – Spoken by Gandalf in the first LOTR movie, The Fellowship of the Ring. This is often parodied every time someone, or something, is preventing passage. If someone is trying to leave your party and you don’t want them to go yet, throw yourself in front of the door and yell this quote. LOTR nerds will erupt in laughter and you’ll be an immediate queen of the nerds…just kidding, you probably won’t, but hey at least now you can justify calling a ring precious.
2. “It’s a trap!” – Admiral Ackbar said this quoteable phrase in Return of the Jedi, which is, in my opinion, the best of the Star Wars films. When you’re surrounded by a group of friends and someone’s girlfriend says they don’t want anything for their anniversary, you most definitely should utilize this quote. Not only is it perfect comedic timing, but it’s also true, so you flexed your nerd muscle and you helped a fellow friend.
3. “Finish him!” – Spoken by the announcer when you can use your finishing move to kill the other player in the video game, Mortal Kombat. Wait until your friends are arguing about whether or not Shia LaBeouf is really still famous and when you can see one person noticeably in the lead, dramatically yell it. First of all, no one is a winner in an argument with Shia LaBeouf as the topic, but at least you’re the funny one with nerd cred. Win.
4. “LEEROY JENKINS!” – This reference is from the online game World of Warcraft (WoW) and is spoken by a character of the same name as he runs into battle and gets everyone killed. If you gather a group of hardcore Black Friday shoppers, convince them you’re going to get these great deals as a team. As the doors open, feel your heart beat race, and then shove them out of your way and charge in ahead of them yelling it. Warning: you may be badly beaten, but legends never die.
5. “These aren’t the droids you’re looking for.” – Spoken by Obi-Wan Kenobi in Star Wars: A New Hope (episode 4) while using the Jedi mind trick. The hand motion used is important as well, as you will often see nerds use it in front of every automatic door they’re about to walk through – and it is funny every single time. Let’s try the Jedi mind trick now. You think this blogs is hilarious. See? It works. You’re welcome.